The Jamestown Cross is sold only by the Parish Book Store. It is available in several sizes in silver and gold.
The cross itself is Celtic, symbolizing the Anglican origins of the Episcopal church. It features a depiction of the still standing but partially ruined tower of the 17th Century brick church at Jamestown, a reminder that the Anglican tradition in America began on the shores of the James River in 1607.
The first Jamestown Cross was a pectoral cross commissioned by Bishop David Rose and created by master craftsman James Avery. It was given by the clergy of the Diocese of Southern Virginia to Bishop Charles Vache at his consecration in 1976. Replicas have been available exclusively at the Parish Book Store since 1977.